Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I did it!

I can't believe how fast tayla is growing up, well really just how independent and stubborn she is getting. Seth says she gets it from me (he must be confused)ha ha. She wants to do everything all by herself now. My new years resolution was to stop being the over protective new mommy. She can actually do a lot more than I have been giving her credit for. If you try to help her do something she just screams ididit, ididit (yes it's all one word). She also points to things and says this or wasthis. She still won't ask for a baba though she will either go to the gate to the kitchen and yell or find an old baba or sippy cup and give it to me, then walk to the gate. Yes I know she isn't supposed to have a baba anymore, I really tried but she will not drink her milk from a cup. She wouldn't drink the milk at all at first so we had to mix it with the formula until it was all milk (gross I know). Now she loves milk she is drinking almost half a gallon a day. I tried to just give it in a cup but she is stubborn and ended up going 8 hours without drinking so I caved. We bought 2 sets of new sippy cups she just won't have it. She likes the new cups they have straws but she only wants water in them. She is also pretty good at feeding herself with a spoon, she just took it and knew what to do. I was kinda shocked, but very impressed.

In other news...we are finally getting our own place. I am so excited. We are planning to move in April, when the weather gets a little nicer. Tayla is in our room now but definitely going to have her own room. I am excited but sad too, I'll miss her. Seth says I'm crazy. Hopefully she'll start sleeping past 5:30a. That's when seth's alarm goes off. She is actually our alarm clock now cause she wakes up 5 minutes before it goes off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your own place! You will love it. Good luck!
Mary

Kelli said...

Happy Belated birthday Seth! You're a GREAT daddy!

Very exciting about getting a place of your own. Where are you guys looking? Ipswich is a nice town and not too far from your mom~haha! Wouldn't that be cool though???

Kelli