Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!!!









Today was ma's big 50! She took the day off of work and we went to lunch and did some shopping then picked lexi up from school and came back to my house. Krissy and Dwayne came and Seth actually got out of work early. I made Pizza Casserole and brownies and we had a strawberry cake (her fav)and ice cream. She got some nice gifts and hilarious cards but her favorite gift was from the girls. They painted these butterfly lights for her and they came out so pretty!

Ode to Mom
She's been banned from having birthdays
A new rule has been made
Signed, sealed and delivered
By the local Fire Brigade!
They say that all those candles
Would create such a blaze
They'd have to come and put it out
And stay around for days

So, I guess She'll have to party
Without the birthday cake,
Perhaps We'll light one candle
Just for old time's sake,
Those firemen: So fit and strong,
Such handsome looking men-
Whose birthday is it, anyway?
Let's light them all again!
Happy Birthday Nana! We love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Just wait until your 30th!! Pay back will be sweet! Thank you so much I had a great day! Hey nobody said anything to me about firefighters cause boy do I have a fire they can put out, hang around for days a dream come true LOL
Love You, Mom

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Paula
Hope you had a great day. I tried Emailing you but it sent me back a error.
Love you
Kristin

Anonymous said...

auntie paula is wonder woman!

Mary S. said...

Wow 50! Happy Birthday! You still seem much youger to me.

Lisa, did you write that poem? If you did, I'm impressed!

THE MARIQUE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday, Auntie P!!!

Jemmmma said...

Happy birthday Auntie Paula!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to one very special Aunt! You are so caring and have helped us all so much.
Love you,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Thank You Everyone! I Love all of you soooooooo much.xoxo
But now that I'm colonoscopy age you all need to take turns driving me to bingo!!LMAO just kidding!! now it means that you're not as young as you thought.